Monday, March 20, 2017

2017.3.14 I'm still alive!


Hello everyone!

I'm sorry for the delay in my email. I went to the local Seven Eleven and thought it sent but apparently it didn't. The Seven Eleven wifi is much weaker than the church building wifi so I guess I forgot to factor that in to the equation. But, I'm am now resending this email and hope you all enjoy it!

We had mission leader conference on Tuesday and it lasted most of the day. It's nice because Kobe isn't too far away by train (less than an hour) so traveling there and back isn't to bad. We talked a lot about the new schedule and about making sure the younger missionaries know how to perform their role in all settings such as meetings, proselyting, and supporting others even if they are inexperienced. I know that for me having solid support from a junior companion is a big help and comfort! Even in a zone leader companionship where there is no senior or junior companion title it is still a big help when we back each other up. There is definitely a reason why we have companions out here because I would be struggling to do this on my own.

Last week we had three kลkans (companion exchanges) in a row, starting on Wednesday and going through Friday. I spent time in Hanayashiki and Senri which was great. I was with a few way good elders and we all had a lot of fun. It's cool to see when people are ready to make the next step in their progress as a missionary. Whether it's a move to senior companion or any other position you can just feel that they are ready.  It's way cool and something I really enjoyed. Being a missionary isn't easy. We have been called to do a hard thing. And then we face those challenges that are sometimes things that are out of our control. When I see missionaries who tackle the obstacle and rely on the Lord for their support it is a HUGE inspiration to me. I'll send pictures of those kลkans.

We had zone training meeting on Friday and I learned a lot! Surprisingly, I learned the most from the tech elder. We talked about how we would use tablets if Jesus was our companion. Or, even better, even Jesus Himself were using these tablets, how He would do it. It really hit home with me. Technology is such a powerful tool and if we use it righteously we can help spread the gospel so much. It was stuff I already knew, I just needed to hear it again.

By the end of our kลkans and zone training meeting me and my companion were pretty drained of energy. It was a lot of fun but man, exchanges really wear ya out. Saturday was a recuperation day. We took strength from a normal-day schedule and focused ourselves on our investigators. It was great to have time with my actual companion for a day
๐Ÿ˜†

There was something way cool that I noticed during my personal study on Tuesday. I was reading in Omni in The Book of Mormon and the part I want to share is verse 12 to the end of that chapter. I won't describe everything but I will just say that I imagined myself in Amaleki's place when he wrote that last verse and I thought of my younger brother, Jacob. Needless to say it was VERY powerful and I don't know if I will forget it for a while.

I may or may not have had KFC buffet last week. Gotta love fat days
๐Ÿ˜Š

So, we were going up a small hill to visit one of our new investigators and my companion was behind me. We boy shift gears so we can actually get up the hill and then I hear this crunch come from my companions bike
๐Ÿ˜ฑ We take a look at it and we quickly find the problem. What happened was that the part that moves the chain across the gears got to close to the wheelie spokes and got caught in them. Therefore, the wheel spokes cranked the mechanism al the way up and around and broke it off! ๐Ÿ˜ฐ I could just see the dollars flying away ๐Ÿ’ธ A member helped us take it to the shop and they ordered the parts needed. They were able to install and fix it up later that week. While it was out of order, my companion rode a beach cruiser which did not look fun. In Japan, beach cruisers are called mama chari(s).

Well, that's the condensed version of this week. It went by so fast! Next week is transfers so we will see all the surprises that happen. Stay tuned!



ๆ„›ใ—ใฆใ„ใ‚‹ใ‚!
ๅญ”้›€้•ท่€ใ‚ˆใ‚Š

No comments:

Post a Comment