Monday, March 6, 2017

2016.12.18 !MERRY CHRISTMAS ๐ŸŽ„ ❄️ ⛄️ ๐ŸŽ‚ ๐Ÿญ ๐Ÿฆƒ ๐Ÿ‡ฏ๐Ÿ‡ต ๐Ÿ—



Hello everyone!

As I write this my companion is serenading me with an acoustic version
of Mary Did You Know. Beautiful.

I have been getting fat this past week from multiple Christmas
parties. Not good. Tastes good. But it's not good
๐Ÿ˜Š

Yeah, we had a lot of parties this week. The sisters in our area have
an investigator who has a pretty big English class. Her husband is a
native English speaker so it was cool to have some good English
conversation with a native other than missionaries. We played games
like tree-decoration contests, loading presents in a sleigh and
pulling the sleigh around a tree and back again. Making party crackers
was pretty cool. The husband dressed up as Santa. He did a good job.
We did a gift exchange which was pretty good. They fed us lunch which
was way nice of them. They got a cake from Costco!!! It had been
soooooooo long. "Are all of your sentences like this, David? Yes, they
are." -quote by David

Then we had the church Christmas party which was pretty good. I would
say at least 2/3 of the ward came! There was a shadow play that they
did to explain the nativity story. One of the members narrated and it
sounded just like an anime. So awesome!!! The. We had a presentation
on the origins of Christmas terms like 'MERRY Christmas' and
'Christmas tree'. The member who did the presentation is a
professional researcher so it was an elaborate and packed
presentation. Then we are hot dogs and miso soup. It was way good!

Both of those were on the same day so we were partying from 8:30 until
8:00. It was a full day!

Wednesday we went to an area in the far left of the zone. A small
place called Akล. They had a big festival in honor of an ancient
samurai story. I'm not quite sure what the story is, but the jist is
that they followed their leader to the death. Pretty cool. There were
TONS of people there. I was literally turning left and right talking
to people, and so was my companion! That went from 9:00-3:30. After
that we went home and had a lesson with one of our investigators.

Speaking of investigators!! We had the lesson with the one I was just
talking about. He has a lot of interest in The Book of Mormon and he
committed to be baptized on the 28th of December. It will be a
Wednesday at night. And when we invited him he asked if his friend
could be baptized too!! Who even is this guy!? He is awesome! But,
yeah, we are looking forward to that.

Then we had another investigator that we met with in Thursday. He has
studied Christianity for 20+ years but was never able to be baptized
in that religion, even though he wanted to. We taught him the
Restoration and asked if he wanted to be baptized. In his own words he
said, "It looks to me that I would like to be baptized". That was
great! He was super involved in the conversation and loved meeting
with us. Miracles my peeps, miracles! He will probably be baptized in
January.

We went streeting with a member on Tuesday. We stuck around the
covered areas of the main station and new mall because it was raining
buckets. We talked to a lot of people and the member was a blast! We
even made onigiri with a professional that was touring Japan. So good,
I'll teach you guys when I get home
๐Ÿ˜‰

If I'm right then I don't think there is anything else that happened
this week that was out of He ordinary. It was a good week!

I want to bear my testimony that Jesus is the Christ. This is the last
full week before Christmas Day. My companion and I have been telling
everyone about the wonderful gift of our Savior. The miracle of
forgiveness, and the grace of God. We have all been blessed wether you
believe it or not. This Christmas season is the perfect time to share
the wonderful message of or Savior's birth. And what resulted of the
birth was our salvation. Please never forget that. I hope all who read
this email will feel our Savior's love. And as a representative of
Christ the Lord I promise that He cares about you and that you will
feel so if you come into Him.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

From me to you,
Elder Peacock

No comments:

Post a Comment