Monday, March 6, 2017

2017.2.12 ๐ŸŒน๐Ÿซ❤️๐Ÿ”ฅ❤️Happy St. Valentines Day!!!❤️๐Ÿ”ฅ❤️๐Ÿซ๐ŸŒน



Hello everyone!

I hope y'all have been doing well. Spring is drawing nearer, but first
it has to be freezing cold. Gotta love it! I'm gonna be honest, I
literally just wrote this email for you guys and then I accidentally
deleted it. So this is round two because I love you guys so much
๐Ÿ˜˜

Right now is the coldest time of year in Japan. My new area, Senri,
has been snowing every day. Not all day, and it doesn't even stick
around, but it still snows which makes me happy
❄️ This area is the
smallest area I have ever been in. You could fit five Senri areas in
my previous area Sumoto. Take that, and then divide it in half because
half of it is mountains. We can only do effective finding half of our
area! It's new, way cool. It's the northernmost part of Osaka and the
main city is called Minoh. I've seen many Maseratis and Lamborghinis,
as well as a McLaren
๐Ÿ˜Š

The Osaka North Zone and the Fukuchiyama Zone have combined which is
what I'm in charge of now. There are about 30 missionaries which is
large. I'm excited! We have renamed the new, larger zone, Kitayama
(North Mountain).

The ward here has about 100 active members which is pretty big. And
here are a ton of English speakers, it's crazy!! I literally walk up
to a member, say hello, than they start speaking English. I think
there are only two who can't...maybe

My new companion is Olsen Chลrล. He was in the MTC with my previous
companions Vui, Hancock, and Jones. That means he is two transfers
ahead of me. He has been helping me out a ton with adjusting to being
a zone leader. If it wasn't for him I would be forgetting a lot of
things to do and people to call
๐Ÿ˜† I have been learning a lot from his
dendล style and his Japanese style. He is fun and loves to work hard.
I'm excited for my time with him.

Over the past few days we have been planning and arranging schedules
for zone conference and companion exchanges. It's gonna be a full
transfer ahead for which I am excite!

The apartment here is very new. It's nice and looks great when it's
filled with sunlight. It's very modern Japanese style apartment. The
one downside is that it only has one air conditioner located in the
study room. We still have radiant heaters though which is fine. We
sleep cold which reminds me of how I used to sleep in Oregon. A good
way to visualize how it feels is to say that it would look amazing
with IKEA furniture. Those color tones.

We have a handful of investigators who are way solid! They all look
like they are on track to being baptized this transfer or next. Way
stoked for them!

We just had a lesson with one of them this morning. He has been taught
the message of the Restoration so we started by asking him if he had
any questions about that. He took it to prophecies. He specifically
wanted to know which prophecies have been fulfilled and which ones
haven't been fulfilled. We opened up The Book of Mormon to 2 Nephi
25-30 and showed him the prophecies of the last days. These are the
prophecies about The Book of Mormon, wars, conversions, Jospeh Smith,
etc. He really liked it. We talked about the important prophecy of
Christ returning to the earth during he second coming which haven't
been fulfilled yet. Stuff was clicking for him and it was way cool to
see.

Because we were able to expound the scriptures and bear testimony we
were able to help him understand. But, the Holy Ghost is the one who
really took the message home for him. When we prepare a lesson focused
on the investigators needs we can become instruments which the Holy
Ghost can work through. A key factor that plays an important part
throughout a lesson is that we remain flexible and follow promptings
the Holy Ghost gives us. It's definitely an act of faith, but it
yields impressive results. Plus, it's way fun!

At this point I'm trying to remember what else I wrote the first time
before I deleted it...yeah, not working

I hope those are all the highlights. It's cold, it's fun, and it's
new. I hope you enjoyed this weekly update. Stay tuned for next week's
edition of the far east missionary. Love ya! Have a lovely St.
Valentines Day!

ๆ„›ใ—ใฆใ„ใ‚‹ใ‚!
ๅญ”้›€้•ท่€ใ‚ˆใ‚Š


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment