Monday, March 6, 2017

2016.11.27 ๐Ÿˆ+๐Ÿ‘ +๐Ÿฆƒ+ๆดฒๆœฌ



Heeeeeeeeere's Johnny!!!

I hope you guys all stuffed yourselves to the brim with turkey,
stuffing, rolls, and pie because I sure did! We were also able to have
a turkey bowl game before zone conference which was AMAZING! The
weather is getting colder and colder and yesterday was very rainy. We
actually kinda had three days of Thanksgiving celebration. One was
Wednesday with a couple of less-actives. We went with them to a buffet
and just spent some good time with them. Then we had zone conference
where President and Sister Welch prepared a classic American
Thanksgiving meal. Then we went to Sumoto of a blitz and stuffed
ourselves with homemade curry and rice. Good stuff. I think I gained
five kilos
๐Ÿ˜†

Wednesday afternoon was spent with a recent returned missionary. He
served his mission in Tokyo South, I actually first met him while I
was serving in Sumoto. We went to the train station close to where he
lives to try and tackle a large volume of people. It was the upscale
part of town and was set up on a hill. Picture City Creek mall from
Salt Lake City and put it in Japan...kinda. We met an older gentleman
because he spoke English to us, "where are you going?" We taught him
most of the restoration and exchanged contact info because he wants to
meet again. Yay! After that we went into the hospital right next to
where we were talking and the man at the front desk noticed our name
tags and asked what we were doing. He wasn't upset or anything like
that, just curious. But the kicker came from the man standing next to
him. He said "Jospeh Smith". No Nihonjin knows the name, Joseph Smith,
unless they have taken lessons from the missionaries. And even then a
lot of them forget. It REALLY took me by surprise! He isn't interested
right now but he was nice.

So, funny story of the week. I don't know if I told you just this, but
I forgot my running shoes when I transferred out of Nabari. Yeah, the
Brooks I love, left them in a previous area, like, five months ago. I
asked my previous companion in my area to get them sent my way via
missionaries traveling through the mission office. After Trainer
Trainee Training meeting I found one is the assistant's apartment.
Only the left shoe! So, I was like, "dang, now I have to buy a new
pair of shoes if I wanna go running." Then we got a text from our zone
leaders saying that there was going to be a turkey bowl football game
the morning of zone conference (Thanksgiving Day) for all who wanted
to come. And at that point I was like, "dang, now I HAVE to get new
shoes." So I tried to ask for the assistants help to look for my
Brooks in their apartment but they weren't helping. So, after working
with the member on Wednesday I bought a new pair of running shoes.
Yep... But, then, guess what happened. Oh, I KNEW this would happen.
After the turkey bowl game, I walk into the assistants apartment to
shower and, lo and behold, what is sitting in the entryway? Right in
front of my face! My beloved Brooks running shoe! The mate to my sad,
lost right foot. It was a happy reunion, even though my wallet took a
hit for no reason.

We got up at 4:30 on Thursday so we could play football at the mission
office and then 5:00 on Friday so we could get to Sumoto early for the
blitz. That, combined with all of the football-playing and biking and
you get four, very worn-out elders.

At zone conference President Welch talked about faith and repentance.
How and why they are closely tied. The preparation we did with
scripture reading talked about 'faith unto repentance'. I had noticed
that before in The Book of Mormon. But now we are to focus completely
on that while we study that wonderful blue book for the next
foreseeable future. I'm excited to see what I learn!

While we blitzed in Sumoto I was with my district leader. We went to
He southern end of a town called Tsuna. We found three good potential
investigators and one we got his phone number. One was actually very
led by the Spirit. The sun had set and it was getting cold. We saw a
young man siting down in the convenience store parking lot off to the
side. We both though it was a good idea to buy him some hot chocolate
because that's what we were there to do. He was noce and we started
talking. Then we all heard a whistle sound but couldn't see where it
came from so we just ignored it. Then we heard it again, except this
time I recognized where it came from. It was above us, and the sound
came from Fa'alute and Queiroz Chลrล. They quickly joined us. We all
together watched the new Christmas video, 'Light the World'. By the
time we were done he was way interested and wanted to learn more.
Looking back that was all the Holy Ghost. So good!

We traveled in safety and arrived home completely dead. But later on
that night we found a couple of good potential investigators so I am
pretty excited for that. We also met a young firefighter last night
who wants to meet so I am also stoked for that. Miracles all around
๐Ÿ˜‰

Yeah, those were the highlights from the week. Thanksgiving was
awesome! But now Christmas is here, bring it on! Have you guys seen
the new Christmas video 'Light the World'? It's very good. Watch it,
share it, enjoy it. Serve others! Fight the good fight and never give
up!
ใ‚ใ„ใ—ใฆใ‚‹ใ‚!

Sincerely,
Elder Peacock

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment