Monday, March 6, 2017

2017.1.22 金人の週



Hey everyone!

This is the weekly
挨拶 from your favorite elder in Japan, 孔雀長老. January may be waning, but the cold, my companion's optimism, and our recent convert's awesomeness, isn't. We have had a very good week and it's
given our spirits a big boost. Let me fill you in.

After I sent off last week's update we had a lesson with our recent convert. We had another member join us for the lesson. Afterwards we went to visit a less-active, the four of us. We all shared our favorite scriptures. After that we all went out to sushi which was awesome! I'll send videos. So we ended up spending half of our Preparation Day with our recent convert which was amazing!!

On Tuesday we found a way awesome woman! She was way easy to stop and talk with. After explaining what we do as missionaries we asked her a question: "what gives you hope?". She said that she believes that the
people who do bad things will be given justice. At that point we shared Ether 12:4 from The Book of Mormon with her. She read it, and the first words out of her mouth were, "do you believe that bad people will be given justice?". I told her that that is a very good question that we can talk about on another day. We asked if we could set up a day to talk about it and she said that she really wants to meet. We exchanged numbers and gave her a copy of The Book of Mormon. She said that she would read it and contact us after her trip to Korea. I'm WAY stoked to meet with her!

Then we met a way cool youth at the college town up north. You know those people who are way too cool to be true, but you can even tell from 25 meters away? Yeah, that was this guy! We talked with him and gave him a copy of The Book of Mormon and he said he would read it. He was laughing with us and was very personal. Man, it just made us feel so good! I'll send you the picture he took to show how cool he is. But, I'll tell you, he did it by himself, I didn't ask him to.  We also made a CostCo run. Oh yeah, pizza, hot dogs, Mountain Dew, Açaí juice, Pão de Queijo, and new memory-foam pillows. Life is good.

We had a lesson with one of our members. He is kind of a recent convert because he is no longer a "recent convert" but he is still new. We focused on The Book of Mormon and shared the "Scripture Legacy-extended broadcast" which is a video in the Gospel Library app. Give it a look because it is SOOOOO good. But when we taught the lesson I thought to myself, "if I didn't have The Book of Mormon or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in my life, my life would not be nearly as good". And then it really hit me. By their fruits ye shall know them. The Book of Mormon is divine. It is not of man nor by he power of man. No evil man could write a book like it, and no good man would unless God commanded him to. Yep, it's true.

We had zone training meeting on Friday. I would like to tell you that I learned some good stuff. However, it was hard to focus on the messages because I was too focused translating. Yep, my first experience translating for a missionary meeting. It was tough! Some of the missionaries were going so fast, and there were a lot of words I
didn't know. It was fun, a challenge, and I look forward to next time.

My companion's shoe split apart while biking so we got him some new shoes. We met another guy that has some potential on Saturday night. He knows English and some Portuguese because of business he has done in Brazil. He works in a coffee business and he loves coffee. But he took a copy of The Book of Mormon and said he wants to meet again!

And we spent five hours on Sunday with our ward mission leader visiting less-actives. We were only able to meet with one, which was good. But it looks like that less-active is really hung up on some struggles.  It his will to change those things is almost non-existent. Sad to see, but I can't give up on anyone!

Those are the highlights. We hope you enjoyed is episode of The Fantastic Adventures of Elder Peacock in Japan. Stay tuned for next week's episode! I love you guys. Keep your trust in our Father. Fight the good fight and never give up
😉

With all the love I can type,
Elder Peacock

No comments:

Post a Comment