Sunday, October 29, 2017

The Final Chapters pt 2

皆さん、こんにちわ!

As I think about what to write in this email I'm not really able to remember what happened. This week really went by in a blur. *Elder Peacock looks down and counts on his fingers and mumbles to himself. Gestures lightly to his left, then right, scratches his head in bewilderment, and then resigns himself to typing an email that strangely resembles a very poorly planned spiritual message with transitions between ideas and events that are about as rough as the road Lightning McQueen tried to pave the first time in Radiator Springs from the movie Cars*. Yeah, it was a good week 😃

We have been finding a good number of potential investigators over the past couple of weeks. We met an elderly man who recognized us as soon as we told him we were the Mormons. He promptly and succinctly described Joseph Smith's first vision. That was unexpected. Then said he remembers the Morumon Kei (the old style Book of Mormon when it was first translated into Japanese). At that we pulled out the Morumon Sho and he recognized it immediately. Handed it to him, he asked it it was ok for him to take it from us, assured him it was, said he was study it this week, and then asked when church would be. He already knows where the church is. He totally came to church! Was that a miracle that slapped me in the face? The answer is "YUUUSSSSS"!!!

Spent a day with a member, the sister missionaries, and one of their investigators. So. Much. Fun! When to a photo booth and took these pictures that put makeup on my face and made me look way weird. Don't worry, I'll send a photo of the photo for your enjoyment 😆

Oh, right, it was transfer week. And.........I STAYED! I'm gonna die in Marugame with Emerson Chōrō! Whoop! One of the Shimai left though. That was a bummer. 

Gave a talk in sacrament meeting. It was supposed to be ten minutes or less. Totally took up 25 minutes because I translated my own talk right there on the pulpit. I tell ya, doing that on the fly is trippy. Litterally would say a sentence in Japanese, switch to English, and then forget what I just said in Japanese 😆 First time doing that. It was way fun. Challenging, and very long, but fun. I may or may not have made two people not be able to give their talks 😆😆

Watched the Jospeh Smith movie with one of our investigators. He loved it! It really is a well made film and it gives continuity and imagery to the events of the Restoration. 

I know that Joseph Smith is who he says he is and that he did resort the church of Christ here on the earth. Do I know every little thing about Joseph Smith. Definitely not. Do I even need to? No. I have enough proof, and my own testimony to boot, that he was the prophet that God called him to be. And that is good enough for me. I stand behind Jesus in that Jospeh Smith was His prophet.

I hope my week was entertaining to read about. Y'all are awesome people! Keep up the good work. Fight the good fight and never give up? ファイトファイト、頑張れ頑張れ!愛してる!

Elder Peacock
A missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Serving in the Japan, Kobe mission, Marugame area

孔雀長老
末日聖徒イエス・キリスト教会
日本神戸伝道部の宣教師です
丸亀エリア

No comments:

Post a Comment