Sunday, October 29, 2017

Happy Mother's Day

Hello everyone!

I know you are all wondering why I didn't send an email last week. I would love to say that we were so busy with proselyting or other productive plans that I was just too busy. Well, unfortunately, that was not the case. I simply forgot. I was saying my nightly prayers and thanking God for being able to email my family and tell them about my experiences from the past week. It was at that moment when I realized, with a start, that I had not given them an account of what the previous week was like. So now, here I am, about to fill you all in on how the past two weeks have been. I will try to keep it detailed while withholding the novel-filling adventures. I'll see what I can do 🙃

So, yes, I transferred. I left Senri and moved to Wakayama city in Wakayama prefecture. Yay! I have never been in this part of the mission so I was pretty excited when I was notified. It's interesting because as a zone leader we get a report of who is all coming into the zone. Usually when a missionary gets transferred they receive a call from their new zone leaders. But, because I was a zone leader being moved I just got to read on the report that I was being transferred. I was just kinda like, "oh...so that's how it's gonna be...", but it was fun. My new companion is Hyodo Chōrō. He is a native Japanese from Nagoya. I worked with him in the same district before so I knew him and liked him from before. 

We got to the Wakayama Elders apartment and immediately saw that there was work to be done. Needless to say that after many, many hours of cleaning spread across the past couple of weeks we decided to move apartments. There happens to be a BRAND NEW apartment unit about five minutes from our current appartment that will be open to potential residents starting July first #blessing

The ward is awesome. They feed us a lot. They will do whatever we want so I'm excited to throw around dendō ideas! 

The area itself is a pretty good mix of countryside and cityscape. It's the biggest city this far south of Osaka prefecture. And the area is big in size so we cover city and a lot of countryside. Many beautiful sights to see and fun places to explore. But we won't be doing it alone. We have two sister missionaries who also work here. Teamwork is awesome! This is my third area in a row that have both sister missionaries and elders. 

Right now we have two investigators who have baptismal dates. One of them missed his which was set for yesterday. But the ward leadership knows his situation so we will see what we can do to get these children of God back on track. Because we fresh-started into this area we don't know the area geographically or spiritually. We will do our best!

Today was my highlight because I got to FaceTime you guys! It was great to see you, Mom, Dad, Lizzy, and Jake. And Jean-Luc! It was strange to realize that I only have five months left until I return home. Strange how the time goes by so fast! It was my last FaceTime before I return home so it was, well, strange 😆

Oh, yeah, our mission president informed us about some stuff going on with North Korea. Basically we all have our 72hr kits and 100 spare dollars ready to go. Talk about exciting! Even if it's something not really all that good. Gotta be prepared.

It's been sunny for some of the days and cloudy for others. And it's rained a few times. Summer is definitely on it's way. Our air conditioner is old and we have both oscillating fans going at full power to try and keep the apartment cool. When we move apartments I hope it will have a new, powerful air conditioner. 

I said it during the FaceTime with my family, but I want to say it again. This mission has changed my life more than anything else has before. I can testify of the truthfulness of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Joseph Smith was the prophet that Christ worked through to restore His church. And The Book of Mormon testifies of the truthfulness of this message. And I invite all of my friends to read The Book of Mormon and see for yourself if it is true. There is a promise in The Book of Mormon. It is contained in the last chapters in a place called Moroni. Chapter 10, verse 3-5. If you ask God with desire, and the intent to act on whatever answer you receive, you will get an answer. Please do so.

Thank you everyone for being there for me. And I want to thank my mother. I just would not be here without her. I LOVE YOU MOM!!!

Have an awesome week everyone!

Elder Peacock
A missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Serving in the Japan, Kobe mission, Wakayama area

孔雀長老
末日聖徒イエス・キリスト教会
日本神戸伝道部の宣教師です
和歌山エリア

No comments:

Post a Comment