Sunday, October 29, 2017

Beach Resort (June 26, 2017)

皆さん、こんにちわ!

It's been great here in Wakayama! We had three companion exchanges last week so we were busy. Also, I didn't die from a poisonous centipede or a very large spider that lives on our back porch so I'm happy. Two of our investigators came to church which was great because everyone befriended them! It rained a lot and was hot a lot.

I had an exchange with Kurogi Chōrō on Tuesday. Interesting thing is that Kurogi Chōrō is full Japanese but also full American. Both of his parents are Japanese but he was born and raised in Orem, Utah. So he is fluent in both Japanese and English. It was really cool to exchange with him because we talked a lot about how to teach effectively. We went to the Wakayama Castle grounds to do our companionship and language study. There is an area of the park that is a way super cool garden/stream/pond/bridge place. We sat down at the top of the garden and as we were sitting a poisonous centipede crawled down the wall and almost came on my shoulder. If it had bitten me at all I would have had to go into the hospital. I was definitely being protected by God. 

Wednesday was another exchange. It rained a lot that day! Wride Chōrō and I packed lunch and ate by a river. It was super peaceful. We did our companionship study by the river as well. Then I saw this wispy wall of grey envelop the mountains in the distance and move our way. I said to Wride Chōrō, "You know, I'm looking at that wall of grey thinking that we will probably get a little wet if we don't find cover". We hopped on our bikes as the drops began to descend. Halfway to the nearest convenience store we were in the midst of the thick, enveloping grey. We had to stay in the convenience store for an hour because the rain was coming down too hard to travel safely. We were able to do our language study which was a good use of our time.

Our next exchange was on Friday. I was with Nevarez Chōrō. We found a beach resort in a southern part of our area. It was way hot that day so we ended up getting snow cones. My first in Japan! Got Hawaiian Blue flavor. So good! We found some way historic parts of our area. Apparently some high up people that lived in Kyoto, when it was the capital of Japan, came down and made some of the Wakayama beaches into their resort getaway. Saw some cool stuff but I forgot to take pictures. I will next time!

We finished our Book of Mormon study challenge this week. We were doing it as a mission so we all finished it on Tuesday. I started my new challenge which is to read Jesus the Christ before I return home. Which means I have four months to do it. Last night I got halfway through chapter six. So much cool stuff in that book! I've been learning a lot about how Jesus' role as the Savior of the world was soooooooo heavily prophecied by prophets all over the world for so long before and after His Earthly existence. This reading has been long overdue so I'm glad to finally be getting around to it.

I have been pretty happy this week. Not like I'm normally down or anything. It's just that there have been many times throughout this week where I realize I'm way happy. I dunno, maybe it's the extra sun and heat. Or maybe it's something else. But, I'm definitely enjoying it. 

That was most of the week. We also did a baptismal Interview for one of our district leaders last night in Tanabe. It's a way far away in thick inaka. Inaka Japan is way pretty! Fog all in the mountains. So cool. My trainer, Tsuchiya Chōrō, served a portion of his mission there so it was cool to finally get down there. 

I hope you all have an awesome week. Please remember that you are all children of God! Never forget it as you fight the good fight and never give up. Love y'all!

Elder Peacock
A missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Serving in the Japan, Kobe mission, Wakayama area

孔雀長老
末日聖徒イエス・キリスト教会
日本神戸伝道部の宣教師です
和歌山エリア

No comments:

Post a Comment