Sunday, October 29, 2017

I Got My First Sunburn of the Year ☀️ (June 5, 2017)

Hello everyone!

This week has been pretty exciting. The weather is really turning up! Four new investigators popped up on our radar. Talk about an energy boost! 

We had Mission Leadership Conference on Tuesday. The importance of the revamped English program was heavily discussed because it is someone that Japan is focused on for their youth. The way that the school systems are set up makes it so that the English tests actually play a bigger role in future employment than a lot of other countries. If you try and speak English to any given Japanese person they will be able to say words and simple phrases. Even the elderly can do this! But making sentences is where they seem to struggle. Our revised program now includes courses for two major Japanese English tests: Eiken and Toeic. These two tests influence college admission and getting a job. We are working to get these courses full of youth.

We had zone conference the next day. I did a simple training on the importance of having a mindset that enables us to tackle change with the goal of making it an opportunity. I felt it was needed because we are getting a new mission president soon. That and other things we face as missionaries. 

The next day we had a companion exchange. I was with Jones Chōrō! He was my companion when I was in Akashi before I was with Queiroz Chōrō. He is a beast! Love that man. We found two new investigators that day. And I met a young man who did a home stay in Canada so his English is good. He wants help with his Ekiken test preparation so we will meet him again. And a very kind family helped us find the address of a less-active!

We had another companion exchange the following day. We made another visit to that way kind family that helped us find the address to give them some chocolate and pockey. Treats always warm hearts. I was with Elder Slack and we had a blast. I definitely learned a lot from him about faith. Such a good guy. We had a takoyaki party with a couple of members, the sister missionaries, one of their investigators, and the two new investigators who Jones Chōrō and I found. We were able to teach half of the Restoration. I say half because they have a million and three questions. Which was good, it's just hard to finish a lesson in one sitting. But it's not even a problem.

We found two more new investigators on Saturday. Funny thing is that we found them both in the same building while tracting. And they are both Christian! We are planning on meeting them again this week. Can't wait! We also had to do our weekly planning session. And then do some more apartment finding. We keep getting shut down by apartment companies because they don't allow room share situations. Which I understand. But, still. We think we found one that will work out so we will contact the apartment people today. 

I lost my bike lock somewhere along the way to a less-actives home yesterday. Yay!

This is the beginning of the final week of the transfer. Crazy fast! Gonna pour all my heart into this area. Love it! Fight the good fight and never give up!

Love you everyone!


Elder Peacock
A missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Serving in the Japan, Kobe mission, Wakayama area

孔雀長老
末日聖徒イエス・キリスト教会
日本神戸伝道部の宣教師です
和歌山エリア

No comments:

Post a Comment