Sunday, October 29, 2017

The Author’s Notes (Oct. 16, 2017)

Hello everyone!

This is my final email as a missionary. I’m flying home this Friday. It’s crazy to think that my missiona is actually coming to an end. In this email I would like to share some thoughts to sum up my time here in Japan.

I have served the Lord in 8 different cities over the past two years. My time in these cities have been along the side of 13 other missionaries. I have had the privilege of serving in multiple positions that have each given me different opportunities to serve my fellow man and my God. Two great men of God, and their wives, have given me much direction, support, and love. Blessed be the name of my Savior for the people I have met here.

There have been many a good day in the land of the rising sun. There have been many a long day. Many a fun day. Many a tired day. Many a hot day. Many a cold day. Many a frustrating day. Many a day where I was at the end of my rope. And many a day where I felt as though I was soaring on the wings of eagles. But through it all I have felt the Lord guide me with His hand and strengthen me with His perfect love. 

But, if there is one joy that I have experienced it is this: when an individual hears the gospel, exercises faith to act upon the message, and chooses to change his/her life as a result. There. Is. No. Greater. Joy. Than. This. I got to be used as an instrument in the Lord’s hands to bless the lives of the Japanese people. For that, I am ever grateful to my God.

The mission never really ends. The Lord’s mission is ongoing in our hearts and His disciples. This Friday, when I return home, and then when I get released as a full-time missionary the next day, my life will change again. My tag will come off. Then, the future will begin. It will be the time where I will put everything I learned over the past two years into full action. But, because the mission never really ends, I will be coming home to my mission, not from my mission. It will be the next great step forward with faith. 

Thank you all for your love, prayers, and support. I hope I was able to share some encouraging words with all of you over the past couple of years. Keep being awesome everyone! God loves all of you. We are all His children. Fight the good fight and never give up! 愛していますよ!!!

Elder Peacock
A missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Serving in the Japan, Kobe mission, Marugame area

孔雀長老
末日聖徒イエス・キリスト教会
日本神戸伝道部の宣教師です
丸亀エリア

No comments:

Post a Comment