Thursday, December 8, 2016

2016.10.17 First full week of training under my belt!

Good morning!

It's been a way fun week here in Akashi, Japan. We have been able to talk to a lot of people about our Savior, Jesus Christ which is great. As a trainer I am trying to give Queiroz Chōrō ample opportunity to speak in a contact or a lesson. He really is progressing so well! Our goal is to have him start, direct, and end a contact by the end of the transfer. I know he can do it!

At the beginning of his week we met a Brazilian investigator that the sisters had been working with but was difficult because neither of them spoke Portuguese. We taught an overview of the restoration and invited him to church. I tried to teach a little bit (I have started studying Portuguese for this investigator) but it didn't work out so well so Queiroz Chōrō took it away 😜 The lesson went well and he is trying to change his schedule to come to church each week.

I have been slowly introducing Queiroz Chōrō to more and more Japanese food. This past week I have introduced him to Indian Curry, Hand-Rolled Sushi, and Udon. I have been teaching him how to cook as well which has been fun (thank you mom!!!)

We had a companion exchange with the Kakogawa elders and I was with another trainee. We were able to teach a few people which was good. At the end of he night we went tracting and ran into a young man who showed interest in the gospel. We taught him the plan of salvation and then exchanged phone numbers. Looking back on the experience it is easy to see that it was completely led by the Spirit. Being directed to see him and what we said to him was directed by the Holy Ghost. It was a testimony builder to me of the power of prayer because I was praying, before we started knocking on doors, that we would be able to meet one person ready to listen.

Sunday was a WAY busy day. I translated for the American family in our ward during sacrament meeting and Sunday school. After church we had two meal appointments with members which were back-to-back. That took up the rest of our time.

I'm sorry this week's email is short but we are on the clock to get to another member's house before 6:00 so off we go. Fight the good fight and never give up!!! あいしてるわ!

Faithfully,
Elder Peacock


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment