Thursday, December 8, 2016

2016.10.23 Captains Log #53

Hello everyone!

I hope you are all excited for Halloween because I am SUPER STOKED!!!  We are gearing up for our ward's Halloween party this Saturday. It'll be great. Us elders are in charge of the move-an-Oreo-from-your-forehead-into-your-mouth and eating a doughnut off of a string game...oh yeah 😎 I have really been enjoying the cool weather. We have had wonderful cloud cover the past couple of days with a fabulous breeze. Soon the rain will come. Can't wait!

We actually had an earthquake here in Akashi. It was during a blitz in our area on Friday. Me and Olsen Chōrō were riding our bikes so we couldn't feel anything but our phones went berserk with a siren. We
headed back to the church to gather together. Everyone was fine.  Apparently it was a level three. Nothing was damaged. We got a message from our zone leaders asking if everyone was ok. No other natural disasters have happened.

We had a companion exchange with our lovely zone leaders on Wednesday. I was with Barney Chōrō and we went to Costco with a potential investigator. I was floating on cloud nine the entire time. I can't believe how much I have taken Costco for granted! THE POWER OF THE SAMPLES IS REAL!!! I bout a bag of blueberry acaí chocolate stuff, it was good. Then I got a churro, mango smoothie, and hot dog. Yep, it
was nice.

We had interviews with President Welch on Wednesday morning. Queiroz Chōrō was the first to go at 10:00, then I went in at 10:15. It was basically a reminder that I need to focus more on working with the members. Yep. It is always a good time with President and Sister Welch. Never long enough.

We also got a referral from President Welch who got it from a stake President down in Brazil. Apparently the Brazilian stake president has relatives living in Himeji who want to hear the gospel. γ„γŸγ γγ‚ (I will definitely humbly receive that)! They are a family of three who want to come to church and take the lessons. We went out to eat with them and they love us. Queiroz Chōrō loves being able to speak in him native tongue. I feel like a trainee when he goes off in Portuguese πŸ˜† I'm trying to learn enough so I can at least testify simply in Portuguese.

There was a vegetable festival on Saturday that we ran into at the Akashi Castle Park. So much good food that I didn't buy! They had akashiyaki, karage, candy apples, puff rice, ice cream and gelato, cakes and cookies, and of course vegetables. Way fun. Talked to a lot of people.

I have been studying prayer the past couple of weeks. On one of my follow-ups with my district leader I told him about how I want to pray more but that I don't think to do it. He told me that whenever I think about how I'm not praying throughout the day, pray. And since then my prayers have made a leap in quality. It's been strengthening my testimony that God hears and answered our prayers. I know He does.  There have been several times where I have simply prayed to find someone to talk to and then we do. It has been very enjoyable. I will continue to do so.

That's it for this past week. Today we are cleaning, shopping, eating with members, and emailing all you lovely people. I look forward to this week ahead and can't wait to fill you in more on what happens. Fight the good fight and never give up

あいしています!
Elder Peacock

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment