Monday, October 10, 2016

2016.10.9 #training+#happyhalloween+#humpday

Heyo peeps!

So, I'll get the big news out of the way. I'm training!!! My new companion is Queiroz Chōrō. He is 25 years old, technically an American but really a Brazilian, and he got to Japan last week Wednesday night. It's been sooooo cool to see a new missionary in Japan. It's the flip-side of what I experienced in a Matsue. I LOVE IT! I took him to Sukiya after priesthood session and got him a "king-size" gyuudon. It's been fun. He has such a strong desire to serve the Lord and learn the culture and language of Japan.

We have seen some pretty cool things recently. Last week, just before my previous companion transferred, we met a Brazilian named Lucas. He came up to us and said that he wants to learn about our church. And then, just today, we met a young man at a 7Eleven who we taught the Restoration and gave him a tour of the church building. We will also be teaching an investigator that the sisters had, but he is Brazilian and it's hard for them to communicate, so Queiroz Chōrō will help teach him. Yeah, a lot of it has to do with Brazilians 😜#thinkingofyoumatt

Also, fall is making a stand here in the Kansai area of Japan. It's been cooling down a LOT the past few days. It's been way nice! Blue skies, cool wind, the leaves haven't changed colors yet, but just wait a couple of weeks.

I will hit my half-way mark this week and it's strange because I still feel like I'm a fourth-transfer missionary. It was definitely a year, but it was fast. I look forward to the progress, fun, and service that this next year will bring. I am definitely fighting till the end. No letting up on this train 😜

General Conference was this past weekend for us in Japan. One of my favorite talks was called, "The Lord Jesus Christ Teaches Us To Pray", by Elder Juan A. Uceda. It hit home with me. I want to make prayer a part of who I am. The Bible Dictionary says that many of he problems we have with prayer disappear when we realize, remember, and learn about our true relationship with God. That is, that we are His children, and that He loves us. Yeah, it was way good. It was packed with revelation. I watched half of it in Japanese, yeah, not the best idea because I couldn't appreciate it the same. My companion wanted the language study though 😆

So, yeah, that was the week. Love you guys. Fight the good fight and never give up. あいしてるよ (I love you)!

Sincerely,
Elder Peacock
At the Festival

Elder Queiroz


Queiroz Chōrō eating his first "king size" gyūdon at Sukiya after
priesthood session!

Festival!



No comments:

Post a Comment