Monday, August 22, 2016

2016.8.7 Dreaming in Japanese!

Hey y'all!  Wow, I never say y'all...

It's been a good week here in Nabari, Japan. It's hot and humid though which makes everything more fun :) We have really been cleaning out our apartment this past week and will try to finish it up this week. The days are fast, but long at the same time. Interesting how that works isn't it. Trying to talk to everyone we see, which is fun in itself.

Yesterday, during sacrament meeting, I was thinking about how Jesus  Christ performed the Atonement so that we can return to live with our Heavenly Father. Then it hit me. The Holy Ghost taught me. My brother loves me so much that He did for me what I could never do for myself. He felt everything I would ever feel so that I could, through Him, receive forgiveness and return to God. I knew this, it was nothing new. But it was a reminder. Isn't it interesting that we can read or hear the same words, or see the same thing, and the Holy Ghost can teach us different things. I bore my testimony that it is the Holy Ghost who teaches us these things. It was a very good experience.

There were two desks and a dresser in the room where we sleep that were not being used. We have really been wanting to get rid of them because they are just collecting dust. We were biking over to one of our potential investigators when we saw a junk yard. We walked in and asked them about our stuff. Hey then got in their truck and told us to lead the way. We showed them the way on out bikes and we got one of the desks, the dresser, and two broken bikes out of out apartment. These is still one desk that couldn't fit through the door at the time. We have since taken apart that desk and will call them to have it picked up. It is SOOOOOO nice to have that space not taken up! We have more broken/unused stuff that needs to go out. It's been a fun
project :)

Our companion exchanges were good. I was with Vui Chōrō for the day. We visited two people and tried to do finding. There was some lightning which was fun! It was good to be back with Vui Chōrō. He has hit his year mark which is strange because I met him when he was fourth transfer. Time flies!

Yeah, that's been the week. It's great, hard, and very worth it. I love you guys!
あいしてるよ!

Sincerely,
Elder Peacock

No comments:

Post a Comment