Thursday, December 10, 2015

Last email from Elder Peacock in MTC Week 8

メリークリスマス!

OHAYO GOZAIMASU Kazoku!

As of today I have four days left in the MTC! These past eight weeks have absolutely flown by! I can't believe the MTC is going to let me loose on Japan. They have a lot of faith in me XD My Japanese is nowhere near good, let alone perfect. But it's definitely good enough.  Although I still have the strong feeling that once I step out into the Japanese airport and begin hearing the Nihonjin I'm going to be all like, "that is not what they taught me in the MTC" XD I'll survive though.

We will see how bad the layovers will be (if there are any). But that is the schedule if everything runs perfectly according to schedule. I'm not sure exactly when I will be arriving at SLC, but I assume the traffic will be good. I did buy a call card that has three hours on it that is only good for calls within the United States. However, none of us are sure how many pay phones will be available.  I just really, really, really want to talk to you guys as much as possible that day. I'll be able to call home both at SLC and LAX. Even if no one is home while I'm at LAX I will still leave a message. So, it will be early in the morning when I call but I would really like to talk to your guys.

Besides that my week has been good. My new companion has been great! We get a lot of stuff done in a short amount of time. We have had a few super good lessons where we really felt the influence of the Holy Ghost. In case I haven't said before, we have two progressing investigators. Both of them are our teachers. Bingham Kyodai is Shibata-san, and Budge Kyodai is Otani-san. Including tomorrow I only have two lessons left to teach them. We are planning on talking about Christmas for Friday, with Shibata-san. And on Saturday we are going to talk about our favorite scriptures and how the gospel of Jesus Christ has made us better people. I'm really looking forward to it.

We had Chik-Fil-A for dinner on Tuesday night. I had three helpings of sandwiches and fries...good stuff! Also, there is a gluten-free closet in the cafeteria and they actually have really good stuff. Like the Christmas tree sugar cookies! They also have a fridge full of super good gluten-free bread. It's amazing XD

Today we had our last TRC with the Nihonjin. It was the best one so far! We talked about how to use the Book of Mormon as a study tool and how to draw closer to God through it. I'll say we were both
strengthened.

Tomorrow I plan to begin packing. There are some things that I will have the mailroom leave for Makena to take back home for me. It's only a few things though. Speaking of packages, you guys should have gotten my package and letter by now. You can open the letter, but don't open the package until Christmas. Speaking of Christmas I can't wait to Skype you guys. I'm not quite sure if it will be Skype or FaceTime. Since We both have iPads it would make sense to use FaceTime. We'll
see.

Also, a Paul Oscarson spoke at our Tuesday DEVO. He said he served as a mission president in Sweden. The name sounded slightly familiar so I thought I would ask. His wife is the young women's president of the church I think...or something like that.

I know I'm ready to go to Japan. I'm am ready emotionally and spiritually. My Japanese isn't ready but it doesn't have to be, which is great. I know it's going to be hard and I look forward to that. These trials will prove and strengthen my faith. I know that I will keep turning to the Lord because I have been for a while now. God is the first person I turn to. And I know that Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost love me very much and are anxious to help me. God wants me to be a success, not a failure.

あいしています,
Pikoku Chōrō






No comments:

Post a Comment