Monday, September 19, 2016

2016.9.18 Zone Conference

こんにちわあいするかぞく (hello dear family)!

It's been a good (albeit was a little strange) week this week. There was a lot of change that has been going on so some things have decreased, and some things have improved. Both me and my companion are optimistic that we will see our area, and ourselves, grow. たのしみしています (I'm excited)!

We had a couple of days where we had very little time to go out and find people so that affected our げんき (morale) a little. Right now we are trying to replenish our new investigator pool thus verily we want all the finding time we can get. With Zone Conference, Stake Conference, and District Meeting we were hard put to keep our lesson count up. I really tried to get out of my comfort zone by talking to people on the train but that didn't work out so well, although I will still try to talk to those people. がんばろ (I'll do my best).

There were a couple of things I took away from Zone Conference. To be honest I was expecting another study challenge from Welch Kaichō but that didn't happen. He focused on making sure we do not neglect teaching the foundation of the gospel to our investigators. This was him focusing on the help part of our purpose as missionaries. I was taught that I need to master the basics/foundation of everything that we teach. Then came point number two: he eternal reality of missionary work. I knew that missionary work is currently going on on the other side of the veil and will continue throughout the millennium. What was new for me was that the skills we are trying to develop right now will be used in the next life. だから (therefore), I might as well do my best to hone them now. Then came the kicker: we will probably be united as a group to でんどう (missionary work) in he next life. I don't know the doctrine to explain that, but it felt true since we were probably organized like this before this life (again, don't know the doctrine). It really forced the eternal perspective of things into my mind. Which means that even if I don't become proficient in a skill on my mission it doesn't matter because we have this whole life to do so. So, yeah, it was good revelation time

Oh, I forgot to tell you guys that an American family moved into our ward last week. They are from Idaho and are here for the father's work. He works for a company called Micron and his contract is for two years in Japan. Unfortunately none of them can speak any Japanese  Way nice family!

Side note: there are so many old people puttering around on underpowered mopeds that really shouldn't be. It's scary sometimes.

Also, my companion and I have times where we just cannot stop laughing. We will be either so tired or just on something and we won't be able to stop. It has been quite fun! For example, I was cold during personal study so I wrapped myself in my dyne (spelling?) but he didn't notice until companion study. Then we did Rock Paper Scissors and I had my hand wrapped in the dyne and it just killed him   Stuff like that, good times. Also, my companion has discovered the manga cookbook that you guys sent me for Christmas so we will be making a lot of food now

While we were at the mission home one of the office elders taught me how to throw cards. I have been practicing and it's way fun. Prepare yourself for the magic ninja! We also got a new blender and rice cooker from the mission office so that is way awesome. Gotta love the new appliances

We had stake conference Saturday night and Sunday. It was a little difficult for me to understand the subject of each talk because I was having trouble focusing the entire time. I was able to understand most sentences it's just, I dunno, just could stay tuned in. But it was good. We had to spend the night on Saturday because we couldn't make it back to our apartment in time so that was fun

We had a returned missionary come with us for a bit on Wednesday to visit the referrals he has given us. Unfortunately, no one was home, but it was still fun. He wants to try and have his boss meet with us to take the lessons because apparently he has shown interest in the church. We will see what happens there.

The weather has been steadily cooling down. We have had clouds and rain the past couple of days which has been nice. I'm looking forward to fall being in full swing. Fall is my favorite time of year in Oregon so I'm excited to see what it it like here in Japan. The ward is planning a Halloween   which is another thing I'm very excited for.

Well, those are some things that have been happening on this side of the globe. Having fun, working hard, trying to improve, and relying on our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I can't believe that We are coming up on the last leg of the year. Where did the time go? I hope that all is well with you guys. I'm always praying for you! ファイトがんばろ (fight the good fight and never give up)!

あいしてるよ!
Elder Peacock

No comments:

Post a Comment