Saturday, November 7, 2015

2015.11.5 Happy November Week 4 in the MTC

Ohayō Gozaimas Kazoku! [Good Morning!]

Halloween at the MTC was pretty good. Unfortunately there wasn't a meal change, but we had candy so that was good. I let myself have chocolate milk for two meals, that was my real treat because I didn't have very much candy :D To be honest this is the healthiest I have ever eaten in my life. For breakfast I have hot cereal with cinnamon, nuts, and some fruit chunks. No sugar at all. Then for the other two meals I always have a bowl full of carrots and celery with cottage cheese to dip into. I'm only drinking skim milk for one meal and water for the other two. Thus far I have lost five pounds since being in the MTC! I have also been exercising twice a day. During my main gym time and also a mini workout before bed.

Which reminds me. I meant to tell you last week, but I had to go see the doctor. Here's why. After a week since I started running here my knee started acting up. It got worse and worse to the point that when I went to the temple on P-Day I was going up the stairs and walking like I was 90. I made an appointment the next day. The doctor talked with me, then sent me to the BYU student health clinic to get x-rays. Went back to the doctors that same hour and looked at the x-rays with Dr. Nelson. They revealed that there were no torn ligaments and there was no cancer or anything serious at all. So the doctor suspects it's inflammation. Told me to stop running and doing squats and to start taking ibuprofen every day. I did as the doctor ordered and the pain stopped. I met with him this past Friday and he told me I could start running again but to bring up the activity very slowly. He said if it flares back up he will arrange to have me meet with a Sport Med Doc from BYU. So as of right now I have just been working out with Stolworthy Chōrō [Elder] (the Justin Bieber look-alike) in the weight room. He's kind of been my personal trainer and he helped me set a weight goal to be 200 or 195 by the time we fly out to Japan. I'll start running again this week though.

I'm getting my hair cut today with my doryo Welch Chōrō [Elder] at 10:30. I'm excited to get my neck and sides trimmed :-) Today I am going to the temple so I'm pretty excited for that! I've gotten some dry cleaning done this week which has been nice. Honestly, the meals are fine for me. But again, I'm being pretty healthy compared to 85% of the missionaries here. Our district determined that Jeremiah 4:19 and a few of the following verses should be the official MTC scripture. I was able to see Kali [a friend from BYU-Idaho] the day after she came in. I've been able to see her at dinner because our mealtime overlaps a little. I've also sat with her at DEVOs. She flys out next Tuesday I think. It's been nice to see her. I was actually able to Host again this Wednesday! It was super awesome, I love seeing the new missionaries. But my zone isn't getting new missionaries until I think either next week or the week after. So we went from 8 districts to the 2 we have now. What a difference sacrament meeting will be this Sunday :D

Also, just a side note, but I became zone leader this past Sunday! So that night I had to help get all of the sempai [senior missionaries] checked out of their rooms. That was fun ;) As they cleaned and organized they bestowed on us their massive treasure troves of snacks, candy, hygiene items, and other assorted stuff! I won't have to buy shampoo or soap while I'm here at the MTC. :D

As I've strived to enlist the powers of heaven I have experienced a lot of frustration with the language, especially lately. Some days I'm fine, but others I just don't get a lot of the stuff. Yesterday was the worst. When the teacher would talk to explain something, there was a period of about 30 min that this happened. I literally couldn't understand a word he said. It was as if my brain was shut off. I asked him again and again to repeat. I talked to him about what I was experiencing and he assured me that he wasn't upset. I felt pretty useless in our lesson later that night. I could say anything I wanted to. I feel that the Lord is testing my faith. I understand and was quick to remember this last night before our lesson. Even though I still couldn't say much. I know the Lord loves me and that he is testing me because he wants me to be purified and to rely on him more. Especially since I've been bad at relying on him for a while. And yes, I am taking my anti-depressant :-) I don't mean to worry you guys. I just want you to know that I am beginning to experience the trial of my faith which means I am doing the right stuff to rely on God for his help. Please pray for me, specifically that I will receive more faith beyond my own that I will endure these trials. Because even though I have faith, I need more. Thank you for all of your love Kazoku!

Ai (love),
Pikoku (David) Chōrō

P.S.
I'm going to send home a notebook that I have used up. I am also sending home a letter. It will say a lot of the same stuff as this email, but I needed to write a physical letter. Also, I was finally able to do some "celestial service" yesterday. Please tell Dad. :D I'm going to send some pictures your way and I'll try to include captions. Ai shite imasu

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment