Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Sunny Matsue says hello to the world!



After emailing on Monday we didn't have much time before we left for Osaka. We shopped, had lunch, packed and left. It took almost five hours to arrive at Osaka, then it took another 45 minutes to get to the elder's apartment.

We woke up early the next morning to make sure we got to the US Consulate on time. Once Tsuchia Chōrō got inside, Vui Chōrō and I tried to find a post office where I could try to pull money out. I tried at a Seven Eleven but it wasn't working. Each time I gave the ATM either my personal or mission card it said, "your card could not be serviced". I called the mission office to contact the financial person and he said he will order me a new card but that it will take a couple of weeks. I hope I can get my card situation figured out fast. I know I will survive. Anyways, we were walking to the post office when we ran into...Tsuchia Chōrō? Yeah, apparently there was an I completed something on his papers so they told him to make another appointment...yeah. He wasn't very happy about that. So we spent the rest of our time (approx three hours) trying to get this thing fixed. But, either way, he had to get another appointment. At around 2:30 we headed back to the bus station to catch our ride home. We got back around 7:30 and went to the church building to set up another appointment with no success.

During study on Wednesday morning, Tsuchia Chōrō was trying to get everything in order for his return appointment. He was making calls and was on the computer all morning. I can tell he is a little stressed. He really wants to get this done as quickly as possible. Anyway, after lunch we visited a couple of less-actives, had an appointment, then went to get bus tickets to go to Okayama for Zone Training Meeting which will be held on Friday. I was able to pull money out of my mission card so that's good XD We then went to visit another investigator. This is an investigator who already believes in Jesus Christ and he really likes the Atonement of Christ. He is very receptive to all of our teachings so that is good. We invited him to receive baptism a few weeks ago but he said that he wants more time. We talked with him again and said that when he feels ready would he be willing to be baptized. And he said he would. Now we just hope that he is able to resolve his issues, and we will do our best to help him do so. After him we had dinner with a less-active member. We went to a really good ramen shop! They put on, like, a million pieces of meat. I almost couldn't even XD Then we shared a message with, talking about following the prophet. This was the first time I led the lesson. Yep, I was the one who led. It was intimidating but it turned out ok. Definitely not perfect, but ok. After that lesson we went back to our apartment. But we stopped at the church on the way there to meet a member who wanted to give us some food (I love you member!) and saw that there were a few high priests boxing in the chapel. Apparently every Wednesday night at five or six they box for a couple of hours. And they turned the heat all the way up in the chapel. It was pretty awesome XD We then ate the food that the member gave us. Now, Vui Chōrō wanted to get his hair cut on Monday but we didn't have the time. So he wanted to cut his own hair. I told him about how I had been cutting own hair for a while now and he asked me if I would do it. I told him I have only ever used a buzzer and that I had usually only done the sides. He said that was fine so I went at it. It was a good cut, but very unblended. Then it happened. He asked me if I could try to blend the sides. I told him that I understood the concept but that I had never done it before. He said it will probably be fine. Alright (*fingers crossed*). I positioned the comb and ran the buzzer across the comb...unfortunately I had the comb right up against his head. Yep, I destroyed his hair XD I froze and said, "I. Am. Sooooooo sorry". I was apologizing for the next hour straight. Anyway, it was really embarrassing and funny XD He wasn't mad, just amused.

Thursday had amazing weather!!! From morning until we left it was blue sky with puffy white clouds! Freaking yeah!!!! We left at 3:55 to go to Okayama for Zone Training Meeting on Friday. Anyway. After lunch we went to the hair salon to fix Vui Chōrō's hair. XD It took about 10-15 minutes then we were out of there. visited Yamamoto-San at his school. He is fluent in English and loves having the missionaries come and see him and his students. On Thursday we practiced English with a few of his students. One of them is really good! She likes Harry Potter a lot so we suggested that she try to find Harry Potter in English because it would be super good practice. After that visit we went to the busses and headed for Okayama. We got there around 7:30 and then got dinner and talked. The Okayama Elder's apartment is the entire top floor of a mission home building. The amount of space they have is massive which is great for zone conferences and other gatherings.

Friday was zone conference. It started at 10:00 and went to about 1:30. In zone conference we talked about being accountable to the members, member lessons, and shared insights from the Elder Choi conference and the Worldwide Missionary Broadcast. For me, the Elder Choi conference made me think about why I am obedient (to God, the mission rules, Welch Kaicho, etc). The Worldwide Missionary Broadcast helped me think about the role of the Holy Ghost in our work. Specifically how we should make sure we don't get in his way because we are his tools, not the other way around. Of course, Elder David A. Bed at was the one to talk about the Holy Ghost. Yeah, good stuff! After the conference we packed up our stuff and headed to lunch. We went to a buffet with the A.P.s which was really fun (and totemo oishi)! We then caught our 5:00 bus and rode home.

Saturday's weather started out nice but then took a sudden turn. By the end of the day it was quite cold with some snow and lightning. It was fun though XD After lunch we commenced our Weekly Planning Session. When we were done we were about to head out when a member drove up as we were getting on our bikes. She really wanted to talk to us so of course we did. I didn't understand a lot of what she was saying but she was emotional through a lot of it. I won't tell you exactly what happened but it was pretty serious. We gave her a blessing of comfort before she left. The interesting thing is that we would have left a minute and a half earlier but one of us forgot our gloves in the church building. If that had not happened we would have missed that member. I am really glad we didn't though because she really needed us. After that we went to get our bus tickets for Osaka for the Visa return appointment. We then met with a less-active member and taught him about testimony because yesterday was fast Sunday for us. We committed him to bearing his testimony with the three of us and he accepted. I'm looking forward to all of us doing that. After him we visited an investigator to teach him the Plan of Salvation. He is very receptive and enjoys meeting with us so we had a good lesson. After him we went to visit another investigator. Unfortunately she was busy but said that she will come to church. She came last week so we feel confident she will come again. Then we went to visit a part-member family. They were home but in the middle of dinner so they weren't able to talk. After that we went home and retired the day.

Sunday was an interesting day. We woke up to snow which was amazing! It didn't last long though as it became sunny and warm in mid-morning. By the time church was done it was all melted. But, that investigator came to church by herself! She came early, in the snow! How awesome is that! I sat next to her and she made sure I sang loudly so that she could hear the words. She is a little slow of speech so she doesn't sing but she loves, loves, loves the hymns. Anyway, after church we went to visit a couple of investigators but neither of them were home so we did some tracting. We then visited a less-active member and taught him about enduring to the end. He is trying to live the gospel so he is always receptive of our teachings and he tries to do what we commit him to do. After him we went home because of my stomach. It started hurting a little right after church so it wasn't a big deal. But before we went out it got a little worse. My companions wanted me to eat or rest but I didn't do either. I said I would tell them if it got worse. I took a protein bar with me in case that happened. I also took a four of the Tums you sent me before we left. After housing it got worse so I ate the bar and we decided to go home. By the time I got home the pain was pretty bad. They told me to get into pajamas because I laid down in my church clothes XD I laid there for about an hour without any relief. I tried eating and drinking then laid back down. After another half hour I think the pain subsided enough that I could fall asleep because I did.

Today we have studied, cleaned, and I completed the technology courses. I get the strong feeling that we will begin using some new form of proselytizing soon (don't quote me though XD). After emailing we will go shopping and head to Osaka on the 2:30 bus. Fun! So much travel, but it's good stuff.

I would like to testify of Joseph Smith. That he is the prophet of the restoration and that through the power of God he translated the Book of Mormon. I say this simple testimony in the name of Jesus Christ,

Pikoku Chōrō

If you haven't already, read Landing Safely in Turbulence by Elder Uchtdorf. It is in the February 2016 Ensign:

Also see Pres. Uchtdorf photographed with Harrison Ford and "The Candy Bomber" at the Living Legends of Aviation Awards hosted by John Travolta at:

Photos and Videos from David this week:
The morning sun in Okayama.

This house looks great! So does the sky!

Buffet in Okayama XD

This was taken in Osaka while Tsuchia Chōrō was working on Visa stuff

Train station in Osaka

Yes, that is a giant sushi roll XD

This was from Christmas Taikai. That is President Welch being a boss.

This is a train in Osaka. Dose noises do.

No comments:

Post a Comment